Monday 5 July 2010

Jumping the Ditch

Initial overnight testing of the totally H/B WSPR rig left me a little disappointed - but that didn't deter me from leaving the system switched on last night.

I was pleased to see better performance...


Still getting solid spots from la9jo in arctic Norway, but also a gratifying 6822 km to Douglas, w3hh, in Florida.

It is especially good to see this result from a totally H/B rig, including local WSPR signal generation! Why, even the shack computer wasn't powered up (I couldn't have used it if I'd wanted because, as regular readers will recall, it suffered a terminal hard disk crash last weekend).

Now I'm off to HB-land for a while to take in some of the Montreux Jazz Festival, so the Blog (and the Beacons) will be QRT for a while.

...-.- de m0xpd

No comments:

Post a Comment